Text neck? Stiff shoulders? Too much time sitting in front of a computer?
- Go swimming
- Go for long walks
- Do morning stretches
- Hang – like hang from a pull-up bar
- Steam baths, saunas and cold showers
- Do air squats
- Get a good office chair
- Work on hip mobility
- Get up from your desk and stretch every now and again and take a walk over lunchtime
- Get a foam roller
- Get an electric back massager, remember to massage the base of your skull
- Have a deep tissue Thai massage – ask for firm/deep pressure, it might hurt a bit
- Do good old lower back extensions at the gym
- Do dislocates and j-curls
- Go for dry needling
- Watch this: How you move defines how you live
Connective tissue takes 6 months to regenerate, so keep going with the above and form good habits.
Dry needling really worked well for a stiff neck.
Happy health hacking, crazy kids.